Hola!
Here is a silly poem that I wrote for my mama while camping in Cochamo! Enjoy!
Here I am so far away,
Never closer than today
You send hugs and kisses oh so true
Keeping me from being blue
Most all my adventures are in my mind
Some seem a bit crazy but most are kind
I am learning to breathe, to stretch, to speak
To love each day and accept life as a geek
I will not pretend; I won't lie to your face
It's not always cake to be here in this place
So often alone with no one to hug
I have only a bag that I must lug
I miss the fam, my friends, and my boo
I miss even the pup. Believe it? It's true!
But, I will not complain; I won't waste time
It's already flying and look, I can rhyme!
Here's to you for being so grand
and sending your love as I explore this land
Because while here and there I do roam
In my heart I keep my home
I love you more than I can express in words
More than ice cream, more than dancing, and more than cheese curds
"Cheese curds" seems like a good way to end
So in an email this poem I will send
To tell you I love you, to show you I'm fine,
To brighten your day with some South American sunshine
Tell the ladies at coffee I'm avoiding bugs
Give Grandma and Grandpa some whopping good hugs
Thanks for the chance to write you these lines
While I'm up in the mountains surrounded by pines
"Come on, Wendy! Is it over yet?"
I'm 'windy', remember! You musn't forget!
I miss you and love you and want you to know
It's because of you that my heart does glow
Not literally, of course. That'd mean I were ill
And have to swallow a big, ugly pill
I'm almost done, hold on to your britches
We need not lose patience like other crazy witches
I am not a singer nor a poet
That is clear, and now we both know it
I am, however, a daughter, sister and friend
And yours I will be til the very end!
abrazos!
wendy
Lol, love your poem, Wendy! Merry Christmas!
ReplyDelete